top of page
As a parish we are committed to upholding the House of Bishops’ ‘Promoting a Safer Church; safeguarding policy statement’. Our Safeguarding statement was originally signed on behalf of the PCC in 2016 and is reaffirmed by the PCC each year. Click here to see the document.
Our safeguarding procedures are informed by those detailed in the Church of England's Parish Safeguarding Handbook. Click here to view the handbook.
If you wish to discuss a safeguarding matter in the parish, please contact our PCC Lay Chair, Mr John Redford (we are currently without a Safeguarding Officer) on 01670 862141.
The Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, Ruth Rogan, can be contacted by phone or email:
T: 07825 167 016
To find out more about safeguarding in Newcastle Diocese please click here.
Download and read the survivor leaflet 'You will be listened to.'
• NSPCC for adults concerned about a child - 0808 800 5000
• Childline for children and young people - 0800 1111
• Action on Elder Abuse helpline - 0808 808 8141
• 24-hour National Domestic Violence helpline - 0808 2000 247
• NAPAC offer support and advice to adult survivors of childhood abuse - 08088010331
• Stop It Now preventing child sexual abuse - 0808 1000 900
• Cruse bereavement helpline - 0808 808 1677
• Family Lives support and advice on family issues - 0808 800 222
• MACSAS for people who have been abused by church officers - 0808 801 0340
• Samaritans for people struggling to cope and needing someone to talk to - 116 123
bottom of page